Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Semi-Final Matches (60's Era) are set...

Three of the four top seeds advanced to the semi-final rounds and one really interesting match. First the recap: top seed The Sound Of Music crushed Viva Las Vegas 17-2. Second seed My Fair Lady defeated Bye Bye Birdie 14-4. Third seed Mary Poppins overwhelmed The Music Man 14-5. And the one upset occurred when fourth seed West Side Story was edged out by Funny Girl 10-9. That last match should make Desiree very happy.

Anyway the semi-final matches set up like this: The Sound of Music will face Funny Girl. While My Fair Lady faces Mary Poppins which is the more interesting match I think. There is history between these two films as Julie Andrews was close to doing My Fair Lady before the producers went with Audrey Hepburn. Well Julie landed Mary Poppins and an Oscar to boot. So this should be a very interesting match. Voting begins immediately and runs thru Wednesday night 7 pm EST. Good luck to all four films

SEMI-FINAL MATCH 1

1 THE SOUND OF MUSIC (1965)


VS


5 FUNNY GIRL (1968)

---------------------------------------

SEMI-FINAL MATCH 2

2 MY FAIR LADY (1964)


VS


3 MARY POPPINS (1964)


2 comments:

  1. So exciting, I can't believe Funny girl beat West Side STory!!! :) I love both but I love Funny Girl a lot more... that's tough competition against Sound of Music though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's The Sound of Music and My Fair Lady for me! :D

    ReplyDelete